When to start preventive dentistry?
Preventive dentistry begins with the first
tooth. Bring your child for a visit to our
clinic at the eruption of their first tooth.
Doing so can help you learn how to
protect your infant's dental health. The
earlier the dental visit, the better the
chance of preventing dental disease
and helping your child belong to the
What is preventive dentistry?
Preventive dentistry for children includes:
- Dental Development
- Oral Habits
- Parent Involvement
- Proper Diet
- Sports Safety and Mouth Guards
Why is Preventive Dentistry Important?
Preventive dentistry leads to a healthy oral health for your
child. Benefits of good oral health are as follows:
- Children chew more easily and gain more nutrients
from the food they eat.
- They learn to speak more quickly and clearly.
- They have a better chance at better general health,
because disease in the mouth can endanger the rest
of the body.
- A healthy mouth is more attractive, giving children
confidence in their appearance.
- Finally, preventive dentistry means less extensive -
and less expensive - health treatment for your child.
5280 Top Dentist 2009 ~ 2018
|3750 Dacoro Lane | Ste 120 | Castle Rock, CO 80109 | (303) 663 3388
© 2008 pediatric denticare, p.c.
Purvi V. Shah
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist